Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to your community? Are you interested in helping others and making a difference? The All Star Children’s Foundation has many opportunities for you to be involved!
We want to ensure your experience is valuable and meaningful. We welcome you as a part of our team, will provide you with a mentor, and will work hard to provide you with the resources you need to be successful as a foundation volunteer.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the All Star Children’s Foundation. We look forward to working with you and helping you to accomplish your goals.
Help the All Star Children’s Foundation build the strongest volunteer program possible! This position is responsible for recruiting volunteers, implementing a volunteer orientation, helping onboard new volunteers, supporting monthly and annual volunteer recognition, and functioning as a liaison between the volunteer and the department where the volunteer is placed.
A smile, a bottle of water, a snack, or a listening ear – This position is responsible for supporting the non-medical needs of individuals and families waiting to be seen by the clinical staff in an effort to provide comfort and companionship. In addition to providing valuable service to those who visit our campus, this is a wonderful opportunity to liaison for the foundation, fostering community relationships through the outreach efforts of volunteers.
Working in internal communications, volunteers will assist with engaging and inspiring our paid and volunteer staff and foster families. This position includes managing the employee newsletter; and collaborating with the foundation’s communications and fundraising teams to ensure timely, accurate communication that helps build the All Star brand.
A special event volunteer assists with project planning and logistics for special events and meetings. There are opportunities to help acquire donated items for silent auctions, speak to prospective sponsors, or help with set up and clean up at the event venue. From researching unique tactics and event components, to helping with all aspects of coordination, execution, set-up, etc. of larger scale organizational events as well as smaller events, volunteers are involved in all facets of what it takes to execute a world-class event for All Star!
Website – Sarasota or Virtual
Have experience with WordPress and developing and maintaining a website? A volunteer is needed to help with writing web content, learning maintenance functions, conducting website research and participating in the design and maintenance of the foundation website.
Help write news releases and fact sheets, create a media kit, and distinguish the benefits of different media tactics.
Volunteering to help with graphic design would allow you the opportunity to be involved in the process of creating communication materials for a large and diverse organization. From research and conception to execution of design, you will take part in what is needed to develop advertising campaigns and collateral materials that successfully reach target audiences, both internally and in the public.
Process Improvement (Business Operations)
Provide assistance to administration to perform process improvement studies and find ways to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, improve job satisfaction and/or customer service. This intern will gather information and data through time and motion studies, electronic data, and surveys; map processes from start to finish; apply system level thinking and operational excellence techniques for problem solving.
Be a part of evaluating and supporting the organization’s financial development short- and long-term planning. Research major donor and major gifts programs, corporate giving, planned giving, and direct mail programs to evaluative effectiveness and best practices.
Support the youth residing on our campus by scheduling field trips, tracking their extracurricular needs (involvement with sports, volunteer opportunities, campus movie night, etc.), and working with local businesses who want to support the needs of the children.
Don’t see an opportunity that appeals to you?
There are additional program areas available upon request. Speak to Beth Bush by calling 941.349.2770 x242 or by email at BethB@ascf.care to learn more.
- Volunteers must exude professionalism.
- Commit to a flexible volunteer work schedule.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and time-sensitive work environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest or personal connection to a nonprofit organization is desirable, but not mandatory
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Volunteers will need reliable transportation to and from the worksite, a current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Volunteers who are work remotely will need access to a reliable computer.
- Must adhere to all personnel policies
- If you are volunteering for administration, excellent writing, research and communication skills are needed.
- If you are volunteering for administration, experience with Microsoft Office applications, web and social media are preferred.
- Schedule a meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
- Complete an application.
- Schedule a meeting with the department head in the area where you are interested in volunteering.
- Complete a background check and drug testing.
- Begin your new role as part of the All Star team!